Friday, January 13, 2012

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)Cinder by Marissa Meyer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


What shall I say about Cinder? Well I did enjoy it, especially toward the end. It didn't capture me like some other books but it did keep my interest; I just had no dire need to stay up all night and finish it. There were both good points and bad points in Cinder. I enjoyed this futuristic, out there, take on Cinderella. I LOVED the prince, because he seemed more real and believable as a person then many other fairy tale princes. The other characters were also well crafted. The book was a bit obvious though. There were no surprises and I guessed all the big secrets early on. Heartbreaking at points the ending really got me! I wanted to read the next one even if I wasn't amazed by the book. It was a good read, especially for those who love Fairy Tale retellings and Science Fiction. This is certainly a new and strange, but good, take on Cinderella.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment